Did you know Facebook has more than 2.23 billion monthly users and every minute there are 510,000 comments, 293,000 shares and 136,000 photos uploaded? Instagram has more than 500 million daily users, with more than 95 million images uploaded each day.
Are you missing out on potential visitors because you are not utilising social media to its full potential?
HERE ARE A FEW TIPS TO ENRICH YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENCE
- Make sure you have a Facebook page, not just a Facebook profile, for your business with at least two administrators.
- Link and refer to your website (social media should not replace your website)
- Be consistent with posting content with images, you should be aiming for four posts per week.
- Interact with your audience, like or reply to their comments, encourage them to like your page.
- Use your insights tab to gather information about your audience, including demographics, post engagement, the most popular time of day they are on Facebook.
- Utilise your notifications and start inviting people to you like and follow your page when they like a post.
- Switch to a business profile to get real time statistics on how your posts perform
- Complete your profile including a bio, website, contact details and add action buttons suitable to your business (book now, call now).
- Be consistent with the inclusion of appropriate hashtags.
- Never post an image without content and hashtags
- Hashtags and emojis are searchable and followable on Instagram
- Create your own unique hashtag and use it on all of your posts
- Use your local, regional and state tourism hashtags on all of your posts #experiencsomerset #somersetqld #thisisbrisbane #thisisqueensland
- You can use up to 30 hashtags per post, including your hashtag, tourism and image theme hashtags.
- Add to your story and use videos
- Always credit the photographer if you are sharing photos
- Don’t buy followers.
For help with social media contact Council’s tourism team or register for the free digital training programs offered by the Queensland Government.