Jensens Swamp Environmental Reserve is located seven minutes drive west of Lowood in Somerset. The reserve covers 20 hectares of bushland and has bush walking tracks suitable for young children through to adults.
Features sensory garden with wheelchair walk, bush walking tracks, picnic tables (some with shelters), quiet sitting areas, toilets, beautiful bushland and a lagoon.
FAST FACTS ABOUT JENSENS SWAMP ENVIRONMENTAL RESERVE
- The Aboriginal Jagera Tribe used the area to rest and collect fresh water
- Over 67 species of birds have been identified at the reserve
- The swamp is a protected habitat for fauna
- 140 flora species have been recorded in the reserve
Are you a keen nature and wildlife photographer? Are you looking for a wildlife and birdwatching experience? Jensens Swamp Environmental Reserve has plenty of quiet sitting areas throughout the reserve, where you can rest, relax and observe. This lush bushland provides an excellent habitat for koalas, ringtail possums, brushtail possums, squirrel gliders, sugar gliders, bats, bandicoots, echidnas, snakes, lizards, frogs, turtles, eels and more.
Take the time to explore the beautiful bushland at Jensens Swamp Environmental Reserve.
- Enjoy a picnic
- Bring your camera
- Enjoy birdwatching
- Spot a koala in the wild
- Take in the sights and sounds of the sensory garden
- Explore the gardens including the June Harms Memorial Garden (you can find out more about June and her work at the reserve in the Bird Hide)
- Bring comfortable walking shoes, sunblock, a hat and plenty of water
- Bush walking tracks range from 270 metres to 6.5 kilometres in length
- Ensure you stay on designated bush walking tracks
- Dogs are welcome but must be kept on a leash at all times
- Please take all rubbish with you when you leave as bins are not provided
- Remember all plants and animals are protected so please do not feed animals human food
Would you like to help?
A small group of volunteers work with Somerset Regional Council to maintain the environmental reserve. If you or your group would like to help with plantings and working bees, please phone 07 5426 1060 or 07 5427 9618 or email Jensens Swamp Environmental Reserve
SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
VISIT JENSENS SWAMP ROAD ENVIRONMENTAL RESERVE – LOWOOD
The environmental reserve is located seven minutes drive west of Lowood on the corner of Forest Hill Fernvale Road and Brightview Road. Access is on the left as you turn into Brightview Road.