Looking for place to launch your boat or go kayaking on calm waters? Hamon Cove is the ideal location for you. Located along the Brisbane Valley Highway in Somerset only 12 minutes south of Esk, Hamon Cove is great place to spend a relaxed day by the water.
Hamon Cove, Lake Wivenhoe features toilets, barbecue, under cover picnic tables, parking and beautiful shade trees.
If you love birds, Hamon Cove is a true birdwatchers delight. Head out to Hamon Cove early and enjoy the beautiful sight and sounds of birds both on the water and around the cove. Wallabies and Kangaroos also frequent the grounds. You may even be lucky enough to spot fish and turtles near the boat ramp.
Whether it is a foggy morning or a clear day, sunrise at Hamon Cove is a truly spectacular sight.
Relax, explore and enjoy the grounds at Hamon Cove, Lake Wivenhoe.
- These grounds are managed by Seqwater, please abide by the rules when you visit
- Dogs are not permitted on Seqwater land, please leave them at home
- Get an early start, enjoy the spectacular sunrise and beautiful birdlife
- Pack a picnic
- Bring a gazebo as under cover areas are limited
- Bring your fishing rod, boat, canoe or kayak
- Wear aqua shoes if you are going in the water
SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
VISIT HAMON COVE – LAKE WIVENHOE
Hamon Cove is located along the Brisbane Valley Highway, 12 minutes south of Esk. Access is well signed on the left at the crest of the hill. Enjoy a calm, relaxing day visit at Hamon Cove, Lake Wivenhoe.