The Hollow Log Country Retreat
A tranquil country retreat and koala nature refuge close to Lakes Wivenhoe and Somerset. A special place for family gatherings or a get-away for a group of friends. It’s so peaceful, relaxing by the campfire under a starry sky, recalling the day’s fun with the farmyard characters and the delight of spotting koalas and wallabies in the garden. Enjoy the comfort of our unique rustic log cabin offering –
– Large living area, fully equipped kitchen, large rustic dining table, comfortable lounge and fireplace.
– Four stylish bedrooms – two with queen beds and two with two sets of bunk beds (sleeps 12)
– Large wheelchair-accessible bathroom with shower bench and grab rails.
– Separate additional toilet and shower rooms.
– Wide verandahs leading onto lawn area.
– Huge garden rotunda for group activities or quiet relaxation.
– Outdoor BBQ and separate fire-pit.
The extensive native gardens, lawn area and dedicated wildlife corridor offer space for children to play and opportunities for spotting koalas, wallabies, kangaroos, bettongs, possums and other Australian animals and a myriad of birdlife. Friendly farm animals complete the real country experience. Relax. Observe. Explore. Enjoy
John and Leonie are your friendly, knowledgeable hosts.
878 Mt Byron Road, Mt Byron via Somerset Dam
07 5426 0167